CGCC STANDING COMMITTEES
COMMITTEE NAME: FIELD TRIPS
CHAIR: Claire Tinory DEPUTY: Jeanne Carroll, Joan Carlo
Arrange field trips that are in line with our Club’s objectives and conservation pledge.
- Appoint a deputy to stand in if Chair is unavailable and additional committee members as necessary. It is recommended that Club members who are not Board Members should be included as much as possible. This will spread the workload, familiarize members in the working of the committee, involve them more in the Club’s activities and build succession skills for the future. Submit all names to be included in the Yearbook.
- Arrange a minimum of 3 field trips a year
- Submit article (and photos) to Newsletter after the field trip
- Produce and present Annual Report for June Board Meeting
- Review Standing Committee Report at end of the second year to determine if any changes are needed
- Meet with successor to hand over job description and guidelines
GUIDELINES AND SUGGESTIONS:
- Liaise with other Committee Chairs to align field trips with the General Meetings Speaker programs, horticultural and landscape design workshop and conservation objectives.
- Explore possibility of joining with local garden clubs for summer activities (i.e. Newport Flower Show)