CGCC STANDING COMMITTEES
COMMITTEE NAME: CONSERVATION
CHAIR: Adrienne Du Bois
DEPUTY: Carol Graham
MEMBER(S):Karen Aherne, Adrienne Dubois
- Increase awareness and understanding of the need to protect and conserve our environment
- Educate the Club and Community about conservation issues.
- Appoint a deputy to stand in if Chair is unavailable and additional committee members as necessary. It is recommended that Club members who are not Board Members should be included as much as possible. This will spread the workload, familiarize members in the working of the committee, involve them more in the Club’s activities and build succession skills for the future. Submit all names to be included in the Yearbook.
- Suggest to the Program Chair at least one speaker for General Meetings.
- Provide one item/article about environmental issues for inclusion in each Newsletter.
- Use General Meetings to raise awareness about conservation, environment, and natural resources (use CGCC Pledge as guideline)
- Provide Budget for May Board meeting (to be approved at June meeting)
- Produce and present Annual Report for June Board Meeting
- Review Standing Committee Report at end of the second year to determine if any changes are needed
- Meet with successor to hand over job description and guidelines
- Suggested areas to include might be: Balance of nature (i.e. birds, butterflies, insects), invasive plants, air quality and water, wetlands
- Provide up-dates on legislation concerning environmental issues. Encourage members to sign petitions or contact congressmen, etc